Of course, I accepted this task. (^.~)
I chose my great-grandparents, Clifford Clyde McLaughlin (1882-1956) and Emily Phoebe (Clifton) McLaughlin (1885-1942).
Most of McLaughlin clan stayed in Marshall or Peoria counties in Illinois while my ancestors came to California, so I really don’t have an accurate number of grandchildren. There are 18 that I know of. Uncle Dick had two children whom I know and stay in sporadic contact with, and I know/knew all three of Grandma Alice’s kids. We visited Uncle Jerry a few times, and used to visit Aunt Donna a lot before she was murdered. I know of four great-grandchildren; my sister and I, and Aunt Donna’s two boys and to my knowledge my daughter is the only great-great-grandchild.
Wow, I really need to fill in some holes! I know my mother has more information on all the cousins, I guess it’s time to pick her brain. Hey Mom! Can I come over for lunch soon?
I need to find descendants of:
- Ethel McLaughlin (1904-1964) and LaMont Andrews (1892-1942),
- Raymond McLaughlin (1905-1982) and Esther Goudy Daniels (1905-1955),
- Willard McLaughlin (1911-1992) and Madaline Wanders (1910-1994),
- Trella McLaughlin (1917-2000) and Leslie Beck (1907-1990),
- Emily McLaughlin (1919-2005) and John Ryan (1915-2007),
- Mary McLaughlin (1921-1966) and Glenn Koch and
- Cecil McLaughlin (1922-2003) and Josephine Bruno
Ethel and Emily each had six children that I am aware of, but I don’t know if their children had children. Dangit! My mother was right! I should have paid more attention when I was younger….