Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Tombstone Tuesday: Mathew George

 
Wow!  I write about Mathew George and this morning I find his gravestone!  Which illustrates the point that you should re-visit online sources since they do tend to add new information.  I frequent Find A Grave fairly often, but I've never found any of my husband's Georges ~ this morning I not only found Mathew, but Francis Marion and his wife Annie Laurie Brewer as well!

If I keep finding possible toe-holds I will climb over that brick wall of Mathew's folks.  Just watch me!  (^.^)


Mathew
Husband of
Sarah A. George
Died
Nov. 17, 1879
Aged
75 Yrs. 4 M's  21 D's



4 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this site before. Thanks! I found my great grand parents and an aunt too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful, thank you for sharing this. The photo is great, I'm pleased by how peaceful his resting place is! Email me through my site, I would love to share info with you privately about our family trees. If you use Geni we could connect there too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been reading your blog about Mathew E. George 1804 - 1879. His Son James is in my lineage, however it has been most difficult to find information. I was curious if you had ever found more information on him and his family.

    Thank You.

    Tony

    ReplyDelete